19 Jul DISC | Connect, Engage, Impact
What is DISC?
People are hungry to be understood and validated. DISC can meet these needs in any environment, any culture, anywhere. DISC will transform your life; the way you live. Don’t just tolerate it, LIVE it! Embrace who you are, NOT who you think you have to be! DISC Personality Assessments have been applied for business and personal applications for more than 30 years and provides a common language that we can use to better understand ourselves; how we act, react, communicate, handle conflict, even how we lead and handle projects. We will be able to
learn how to adapt our behaviours with others — within a team, a sales relationship, a leadership position, social or family interactions.
DISC Impact on Speaking or Presenting
By understanding the needs of others, their fears, and their tendencies in communication and behaviour, you can proactively adapt or approach them in a different way in which they will respond positively.You will have amazing insights into how you can engage, stimulate, entice and impact your audience with techniques are unusual, fun and precise. Many presentations fall flat from lack of preparation. DISC gives you to edge over many to create impressive presentations that speaks to every person present, making you a presenter that is memorable, impactful and influential.
The subtleties of understanding yourself and your audience allows you to immediately adjust without thinking, improvise without feeling nervous and taking on any subject with confidence.
WHY is this assessment important for speakers and presenters?
There are a variety of assessments available and, as a Personality Profiling Consultant, I have chosen the Communication Impact Report as this one is focussed on the way we interact with each other. How well do we really know ourselves? It is always about our audience and, as we are constantly interacting with bothers, surely it make complete sense that we get to know ourselves better
too? This assessment is an investment in understanding yourself and provides you with important insights into your personality, the way you communicate with others, as well as how you can connect better with your audience in the way THEY communicate? We really need to open that ‘ME’ box, get to know ourselves much better so we can impact our audience on a deeper level. This assessment will give you some of the skills to build better relationships
Other Benefits of DISC
The DISC Assessment
The DISC behavioral Assessment is a brilliant tool that measures observable behaviour and emotions; It reveals your strengths, limitations, and behaviour in business, social, and everyday communication style in a comprehensive report explaining all aspects of your personality. Behaviours are the “HOW” in your life. Invest in discovering much more about yourself as well as how to more effectively communicate and connect with others at a deeper level.
DISC profile assessments will help you and your team:
- Increase your self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress, and how you solve problems
- Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members
- Facilitate better teamwork and teach productive conflict resolution
- Develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles
- Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members
The assessment is done electronically and will take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete. This is followed by a most comprehensive 31 page electronic report which will take around 30 minutes to go through initially. (More focused Communications, Sales, and Student Impact assessments are also offered, and these come with a 14 page report.)
The Law of Awareness: You must know yourself to grow yourself.
Different areas which will benefit from DISC Assessments, Training &
- Leadership Development – Leadership is a learned skill and directly tied to your behaviour style
- Talent Management – How to choose the right people for the right positions and guide them the right way in those positions
- Team Building – How to build stronger and more productive teams.
- Sales Training – Approach customers in their behaviour style
- Performance Management – Unlock peak performance starts with an accurate diagnosis
- Stress Management – Learn the secrets to managing stress based on your unique behavioural style
- Conflict Resolution – Turn unhealthy interactions into healthy and productive exchanges
- Medical Industry – Hire effectively, maximise performance, improve employee morale, and increase patient satisfaction.
- Customer Relations in any industry – Recognize the communication needs and behaviour of your clients and create a more positive experience.
- Education – Impact on learners and teachers; Improvement on relationship building, pass-rates, and teaching ability as well as creating a healthy learning environment.
- Family Relationship Building – Understand the behaviour style of your partner and/or children and take your connection to another level.
For more inforamtion regarding DISC click here